Thursday 6 September 2007

Backseat Games

I couldn't take your words
I couldn't 'just let it happen'
It must be real but not to my mind
Something's alive there
But its not what you think

Incapable? Maybe
Inexperienced? Yes and No
Unwanted? Never
But my fucked up heart just cant

I shiver and laugh at the same time
I say its just a game
I wish I wouldn't
I just don't know what I want, honest

My lips move
"What do you want?"
"You" He...you say
All I can jump at is 'bullshit'
Hard to believe; but that doesn't help

Words: pretty, sexy, cute, baby,
and the ever impressive: attractive
Make my eyes roll on their own
I cant even get "like" off my tongue
Not without telling myself it's a lie
Which is complete lie in itself

Puppy love some would call it
Do puppies steal bases, too?
Probably shouldn't go there
More; probably shouldn't HAVE gone there
Maybe I let a little too much 'just happen' this time

No comments: